Radiologic angiographic features of coronary vessels in patients with ischemic heart disease and marked systolic dysfunction
The work is dedicated for studying radiologic-angiographic features of coronary vessels in patients with ischemic heart disease (IHD) and decreased of left ventricle ejection fraction (LV EF) for reasonable treatment consideration of such patients group.
The study is based on data from 105 patients with ICD, who undergone diagnostic and treatment radiologic-angiographic procedures due to this pathologies. Age of patients was in range from 62 to 73 (mean 66,96±1,81 years). Mean body mass was 86,5±1,44 (range from 67 to 102 kg).
Patients was divided into two clinical functional groups depending on LV EF parameters. Into the group I was included 48 patients with LV EF <40% (mean value 30,9±0,35%). Group II consisted of 57 patients with preserved LV EF (LV EF >40% (mean value 57,4±0,23%).
Results of analysis shows that severity of systolic dysfunction in patients with ICD and LV EF less than 40% was caused by presence of previous history of Q-myocardial infarction with ischemia in a basin of left coronary artery (LCA), severe angina pectoris of high functional classes, cardiac rhythm abnormalities, high values of segmental contraction dysfunction index, distension of cardiac chambers and pulmonal artery pressure, developing of restrictive type diastolic LV myocardium dysfunction and concomitant mitral and tricuspid valves insufficiency.
Besides, the results of coronarography in patients with ICD with marked systolic dysfunction of LV gives evidence for LCA stem lesions with multivessels involvement of coronary arteries with predominant type C proximal level of lesion.
2. Heart disease and stroke statistics – 2012 update: a report from the American Heart Association / V. L. Roger, A. S. Go, D. M. Lloyd-Jones, [et al.] // Circulation. – 2012. – Vol. 125, № 1. – Р. 2–220.
3. Heart disease and stroke statistics – 2015 update: a report from the American Heart Association / D. Mozaffarian, E. J. Benjamin, A. S. Go [et al.] // Circulation. – 2015. – Vol. 131, № 4. – Р. 29–322.
4. Myocardial viability and impact of surgical ventricular reconstruction on outcomes of patients with severe left ventricular dysfunction undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery: results of the Surgical Treatment for Ischemic Heart Failure trial / T. A. Holly, R. O. Bonow, J. M. Arnold [et al.] // J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. – 2014. – Vol. 148, № 6. – Р. 2677–2684.
5. Myocardial viability and survival in ischemic left ventricular dysfunction / R. O. Bonow, G. Maurer, K. L. Lee [et al.] // N. Engl. J. Med. – 2011. – Vol. 364, № 17. – Р. 1617–1625.
6. Inducible myocardial ischemia and outcomes in patients with coronary artery disease and left ventricular dysfunction / J. A. Panza, T. A. Holly, F. M. Asch [et al.] // J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. – 2013. – Vol. 61, № 18. – Р. 1860–1870.
7. Exercise capacity and mortality in patients with ischemic left ventricular dysfunction randomized to coronary artery bypass graft surgery or medical therapy: an analysis from the STICH trial (Surgical Treatment for Ischemic Heart Failure) / R. A. Stewart, D. Szalewska, L. She [et al.] // JACC Heart Fail. – 2014. – Vol. 2, № 4. – Р. 335–343.
8. Gurunathan S. The benefits of revascularization in chronic heart failure / S. Gurunathan, A. Ahmed, R. Senior // Curr. Heart Fail Rep. – 2015. – Vol. 12, № 2. – Р. 112–119.
9. Stent supported coronary angioplasty in patients with severe ventricular dysfunction / C. Li, G. Jia, W. Guo [et al.] // Chin. Med. J. (Engl). – 2002. – Vol. 115, № 3. – Р. 355–358.
10. Revascularization in severe left ventricular dysfunction: outcome comparison of drug-eluting stent implantation versus coronary artery by-pass grafting / G. Gioia, W. Matthai, K. Gillin [et al.] // Catheter. Cardiovasc. Interv. – 2007. – Vol. 70, № 1. – Р. 26–33.
11. Kunadian V. Revascularization among patients with severe left ventricular dysfunction: a meta-analysis of observational studies / V. Kunadian, A. Zaman, W. Qiu // Eur. J. Heart Fail. – 2011. – Vol. 13, № 7. – Р. 773–784.