The case of the diagnosis of left atrial myxoma, first manifestation of which was in the acute ischemic stroke
This article demonstrates an unusual case of diagnosis of myxoma of the left atrium (LA) on the background of an acute cerebrovascular accident (ACVA), which took place at the city hospital in Lutsk, after which the patient was sent to the N. M. Amosov National Institute of Cardio-Vascular surgery of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine. According to emergency indications removed aciniform myxoma LA with multiple fragments, the tear of which could cause re-embolism of vessels of the systemic circulation.
2. Cardiac tumors: the role of cardiovascular imaging / Bhattacharyya S., Khattar R. S., Gujral D. M., Senior R. // Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. – 2014. – Vol. 12. – P. 37–43.
3. Jain D., Maleszewski J. J., Halushka M. K. Benign cardiac tumors and tumorlike conditions // Ann Diagn Pathol. – 2010. – Vol. 14. – P. 215–30.
4. Lee V., Connolly H., Brown R. Central nervous system manifestations of cardiac myxoma // Arch. Neurol. – 2007. – Vol. 64 (8). – P. 1115–1120.
5. Oliveira R., Branco L., Galrinho A., et al. Cardiac myxoma: a 13-year experience in echocardiographic diagnosis // Rev Port Cardiol. – 2010. – Vol. 29 (7–8). – P. 1087–100.
6. Samanidis G., Perreas K., Kalogris P., et al. Surgical treatment of primary intracardiac myxoma: 19 years of experience // Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. – 2011. – Vol. 13. – P. 597–600.