Ways to improve the results of surgical treatment of patients with multiple valve correction in combination with coronary pathology
Aim of the study. To determine the effect of surgical tactics on the duration of ischemic period with simultaneous combined correction of two or three valves of the heart and myocardial revascularization
Materials and methods. The work is based on the analysis of the results of single-stage multivalve correction in conjunction with coronary artery bypass grafting in 93 patients, which was performed at the National Amosov Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery for the period from 2014 to 2016. Depending on the tactical approach and the sequence of surgical procedures, patients were divided into groups. 1 – “CABG off pump and subsequent correction of heart valves” (n = 15); 2 – “Correction of heart valves and bypass grafting in conditions of cardioplegia” (n = 78).
Results. Using different approaches to achieve high-quality protection of the myocardium at the time of its ischemia, minimizing the impact of artificial circulation on the body by improving the conditions and reducing the ischemic heart time showed significant advantages of the method of pre-shunting CA in the working heart.
Conclusions.1. Correction of combined multiple valve pathology with coronary heart disease requires prolonged cardiopulmonary bypass time and ischemic heart time, which requires reliable protection of the myocardium, which is difficult to carry out in the presence of stenoses in the lumen of the CA. 2. The use of the method of preventive restoration of coronary blood flow by bypassing the spacecraft on the working heart before clamping of the aorta, has significant advantages in the duration of the cardiopulmonary bypass time and ischemic time of the heart.
- Ursulenko VI, Kupchynskyi OV, Naumova LR, Starodub YuS, Semeniv PM, Galyuk VM, Fedorova LS. [Options and ways to protect myocardium in surgical treatment of valvular heart disease combined with coronary pathology]. UMJ Heart & vessels. 2017;2(58):61–8.
- Fukui T, Bando K, Tanaka S, et al. Early and mid-term outcomes of combined aortic valve replacement and coronary artery bypass grafting in elderly patients. Eur J Cardiothorac Surgery. 2014;45(2):335–40. https://doi.org/10.1093/ejcts/ezt242
- Liu N-B, Wu M, Chen Ch, Fujino M, Huang J-S, Zhu P, Li X-K. Novel Molecular Targets Participating in Myocardial Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury and Cardioprotection. Cardiology Research and Practice. 2019:6935147. https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/6935147
- Binder A, Ali A, Chawla R, Aziz HA, Abbate A, Jovin IS. Myocardial protection from ischemia-reperfusion injury post coronary revascularization. Expert Review of Cardiovascular Therapy.2015;13(9):1045–57. https://doi.org/10.1586/14779072.2015
- Kalogeris T, Baines CP, Krenz M, Korthuis RJ.Ischemia/Reperfusion. Compr Physiol. 2016 Dec 6;7(1):113–170. https://doi.org/10.1002/cphy.c160006
- Rankin JS, Badhwar V, He X, Jacobs JP, Gammie JS, Furnary AP, Fazzalari FL, Han J, O’Brien SM, Shahian DM. The Society of Thoracic Surgeons Mitral Valve Repair/Replacement Plus Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Composite Score: A Report of The Society of Thoracic Surgeons Quality Measurement Task Force. Ann Thorac Surg.2017 May;103(5):1475–81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.athoracsur.2016.09.035
- Loop FD, Higgins TL, Panda R, Pearce G, Estafanous FG. Myocardial protection during cardiac operations. Decreased morbidity and lower cost with blood cardioplegia and coronary sinus perfusion. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 1992 Sep;104(3):608–18.
- Vatutin NT, Taradin GG, Taratorina AA. [Myocardial damage in cardioplegia and cardiopulmonary bypass]. Cardiac surgery and interventional cardiology. 2016;2(13):41–9. Russian.
- Vaidya Y, Dhamoon AS. Myocardial Stunning and Hibernation [Internet]. 2019 Nov [cited 2019 Nov 05]:[about 1 p.]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537026/
- Pinaud F, Corbeau JJ, Baufreton C, Binuani JP, De Brux JL, Fouquet O, Angoulvant D, Furber A, Prunier F. Remote ischemic preconditioning in aortic valve surgery: results of a randomized controlled study. Journal of Cardiology. 2016;67:36–4. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jjcc.2015.06.007
- Okba Ahmed, Laith S. Al Kaabi, Fahmi H Kakamad, Rawezh Salih. Early outcome of combined coronary artery bypass grafting and valve surgery, EdoriumJ Cardiothorac Vasc Surg 2018;5:1–5. https://doi.org/10.5348/100013C04OA2018OA