Minimally invasive multivessel coronary artery bypass grafting. Analysis of early results and mastery of technique
To analyze the early results of this technique in comparison with the generally accepted method of coronary artery bypass grafting in conditions of cardio-pulmonary bypass. To evaluate the mastering of technique of minimally invasive coronary artery bypass grafting in conditions of cardio-pulmonary bypass based on the comparison of the experience of the first 30 consecutive patients with the following 30.
Materials and methods. The data of 60 sequentially patients undergoing the procedure of minimally invasive coronary artery bypass grafting in the period from July 2017 to February 2018 and 30 consecutive patients operated according to the standard method of coronary artery bypass grafting with cardio-pulmonary bypass for the period from January 2017 to June 2017 year.
Results and discussion. During the study period, there were no mortality, no major complications, and no revision for postoperative bleeding. Conversion to median sternotomy is absent in both groups of minimally invasive multivessel coro-nary artery bypass grafting. Time of operation in the group of late experience decreased and amounted to 247.8±37.3 min compared with 276.2±48.5 min in the group of early experience, p<0,05. The time of operation, the time of cardio-pulmonary bypass was statisti-cally significantly higher in the late experience group of 247.8±37.3 min and 131±26.5 min in contrast to 222±28 min and 93.1±20.8 min in the median sternotomy group, p<0.05. The length of stay in the hospital was reduced in the group of late experience 5.6±1.1 days in comparison with median sternotomy 6.7±1.2 days, p≤0.001.
Conclusions. Minimally invasive multivessel coronary artery bypass grafting is a safe and effective method of surgical treatment of coronary artery disease. During the implementation and development of the method, there were no mortality, no major complications. The detection of the technique is within the range of 30 patients, after which the main operating parameters are approaching the corresponding with median sternotomy. The length of stay in the hospital in the group of minimally invasive bypass surgery is less in comparison with the group of median sternotomy.
2. Langer, N. and Argenziano, M. (2016). Minimally Invasive Cardiovascular Surgery: Incisions and Approaches // Methodist DeBakey Cardiovascular Journal. – 2016. – Vol. 12 (1). – P. 4–9.
3. Port-access coronary artery bypass grafting: technique and comparative results / Groh M. A., Sutherland S. E., Burton H. G. et al. // Ann Thorac Surg. – 1999. – Vol. 68 (4). – P. 1506–1508.
4. The Dresden approach for complete multivessel revascularisation / Gulielmos V., Brandt M., Knaut M. et al. // Ann Thorac Surg. – 1999. – Vol. 68. – P. 1502–5.
5. Minimally invasive coronary artery bypass grafting: dual-center experience in 450 consecutive patients / McGinn J. T. Jr., Usman S., Lapierre H. et al. // Circulation. – 2009 Sep 15. – Vol. 120 (11 Suppl). – S78–84.
6. Minimally invasive cardiac surgery coronary artery bypass grafting (MICS CABG): a review of technique and literature / Guo M., Rodriguez M. and Ruel M. / Indian Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. – 2017. – Vol. 12 (1). – P. 4–9.
7. Left anterior small thoracotomy for minimally invasive coronary artery bypass grafting / D. Reser, T. Holubec, E. Caliskan et al. // Multimedia Manual of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. – 23 August 2015.
8. Minimally invasive coronary artyery bypass grafting: the mid-term outcomes and learning curve effect / Rodriguez M., Lapierre H., Sohmer B. et al. // Canadian Journal of Cardiology. – 2016. – Vol. 32 (10). – P. 106.
9. Does minimally invasive coronary artery bypass improve outcomes compared to off-pump coronary bypass via sternotomy in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting? / Florisson D., DeBono J., Davies R. and Newcomb A. // Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery, 2018 – P. 1–8.
10. Бабляк О. Д., Дем’яненко В. М. Міні-інвазивне багатосудинне коронарне шунтування в умовах передньолатеральної торакотомії // Серце і судини. – 2018. – № 1 (61). – С. 65–69.