Modern tactic according to diagnostic and treatment of IgG4-associated abdominal aorta aneurysm
IgG4-related diseases are geterogenic in organs involvement group of disoders characterized by elevated serum IgG4 level and morphologicaly presented with diffuse lymphoplasmacytic infiltration including IgG4-positive plasma cells, irregular fibrosis, and obliterative phlebitis. One of the manifestations of vascular IgG4-related diseases is an inflammatory abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA). The development of specific morphological changes and proven effectiveness of immunosuppressive therapy should be considered in approaches to diagnosis and treatment strategy. However, today there are many questions in problem of IgG4-related diseases requiring their in-depth study.
Objective: to highlight the necessity to define the IgG4-associated abdominal aorta aneurysm as a separate nosological unit and to emphasize the role of histopathological studies as a basis for further researches and elaboration of clear diagnostic criteria and treatment algorithms.
Materials and methods: analysis of scientific data highlighting up-to-date approaches to understanding of etiology, pathogenesis, differential diagnosis and treatment strategy in case of IgG4-associated AAA.
Results and discussion. According to results of the literature review in case of IgG4-associated diseases the abdominal aorta may be involved in the pathological process as a part of systemic disease, as well as a separate nosological unit. Evaluation of biopsy material using immunohistochemical reactions in the case of inflammatory AAA plays a key role in determining the diagnosis and patients management one of the lines of which is administration of corticosteroids to improve the postoperative period.
Conclusions. Despite the lack of clear diagnostic criteria and treatment algorithms for IgG4-associated AAA, the results of histopathological study of biopsy specimens using specific immunohistochemical reactions play decisive role in the approach to patients management and creating statistical platform for further researches.
2. Inflammatory abdominal aortic aneurysm: close relationship to IgG4-related peri-aortitis / Kasashima S., Zen Y., Kawashima A. et al. // Am J Surg Pathol. – 2008. – Vol. 32. – P. 197–204. – Pежим доступу : http://journals.lww.com/ajsp/pages/articleviewer.aspx?year=2008&issue=02000&article=00003&type=abstract
3. Hellmann D. B., Grand D. J. Inflammatory abdominal aortic aneurysm // JAMA. – 2007. – Vol. 297. – P. 395– 400. – Режим доступу : http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/205226
4. Inflammatory aortic aneurysm: possible manifestation of IgG4-related sclerosing disease / Raparia K., Molina C., Quiroga-Garza G. // Int J Clin Exp Pathol. – 2013. – Vol. 6 (3). – P. 469–75. – Режим доступу : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3563203
5. Infected aortic aneurysm and inflammatory aortic aneurysm –in search of an optimal differential diagnosis / Nobukazu I., Koichi S., Masatoshi M. // Journal of Cardiology. – 2012. – Vol. 59. – P. 123–131. – Режим доступу : http://www.journal-of-cardiology.com/article/S0914-5087(11)00222-X/abstract
6. IgG4-related disease: A concise review of the current literature / Ardila-Suarez O., Abril A., Gуmez-Puerta J. // Reumatol Clin. – 2016. – Vol. 18. – Режим доступу : http://www.reumatologiaclinica.org
7. Perugino A. Large vessel involvement by IgG4-related disease // Medicine (Baltimore). – 2016. – Vol. 95 (28). – e33-44. – Режим доступу : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/journals/2786
8. A new clinicopathological entity of IgG4-related inflammatory abdominal aortic aneurysm / Kasashima S. 1., Zen Y., Kawashima A. // J Vasc Surg. – 2009. – Vol. 49 (5). – P. 1264–71.
9. Kazuichi O., Hisanori U. Are Classification Criteria for IgG4-RD Now Possible? The Concept of IgG4-Related Disease and Proposal of Comprehensive Diagnostic Criteria in Japan // International Journal of Rheumatology. – 2012. – Vol. 2012. – Режим доступу : http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2012/357071
10. Vasaitis L. IgG4-related disease: A relatively new concept for clinicians // Eur J Intern Med. – 2016. – Режим доступу : http://www.ejinme.com/article/S0953-6205(15)00329-5/fulltext
11. Surgical treatment of inflammatory abdominal aortic aneurysms: outcome and predictors analysis / Nuellari E., Prifti E., Esposito G. // Med Arch. – 2014. – Vol. 68 (4). – P. 244–248. – Режим доступу : http://www.scopemed.org/?jid=10