Atrial flutter in young children
The article analyzes our own experience of treatment of atrial flutter in children of younger age (up to 6 years old). The study group consisted of 18 consecutive patients. In all patients the sinus rhythm was restored with medication or electrical cardioversion. The medical cardioversion was performed in10 (55.6%) patients, for 5 (27.8%) patients we used delayed and for 3 (16.7%) patients – urgent electric cardioversion. In 2 (11.1%) patients there was a single recurrence of arrhythmia after the cancellation of antiarrhythmic therapy. In 1 (5.6%) patient with repeatedly recurring arrhythmia at the age of 4 years 9 months (weight 18 kg) we successfully performed a radiofrequency catheter ablation of the cava-tricuspid isthmus. There were no complications of the treatment. At present, none of the patients in the study group have a recurrence of atrial flutterwithout antiarrhythmic therapy.
2. Atrial Flutter in Infants / Texter K. M., Kertesz N. J., Friedman R. A. et al. // J Am CollCardiol. – 2006 Sep 5. – Vol. 48 (5).– P. 1040–6.
3. Supraventricular tachycardia mechanisms and their age distribution in pediatric patients / Ko J., Deal B., Strasburger J. et al. // Am J Cardiol. – 2012. – Vol. 69. – P. 1028–1032.
4. Pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapy for arrhythmias in the pediatric population: EHRA and AEPC Arrhythmia Working Group joint consensus statement / Brugada J., Blom N., Sarquella-Brugada G. et al. // Europace. – 2013. – Vol. 159. – P. 1337–1382.
5. Gupte S. Idiopathic Neonatal Atrial Flutter / Shilpa K., Kanade N., Pratap U. et al. // Pediatric Oncall Journal. – 2016, January-March. – Vol. 13, № 1. Art #14.
6. Atrial flutter and fibrillation in the young patient without congenital heart disease / S. Abadir, A. Fournier, M. Dubuc et al. // Progr in Ped Card. – 2013. – Vol. 35. – P. 41–48.
7. Лечение суправентрикулярной тахикардии у детей первого года жизни / Мешкова М. С., Доронин А. В., Ханенова В. А. и др. // Вісник серцево-судинної хірургії. – 2016. – С. 76–77.