Experience of ultrasound diagnostics of vascular rings and its influence on surgical treatment
Contemporary methods diagnose congenital heart diseases (CHD) with high accuracy but postnatal diagnostics of vascular rings (VR) remains difficult. From 2004 to 2017 in our Center were performed 7740 primary fetal echocardiograms and more than 65,000 echocardiograms for children. From 2004 to 2017 18589 operations of congenital heart disease were performed, of them 95 (0,51%) were VR surgery. Of all patients treated with VR 21 (22,1%) had prenatal diagnosis, 74 (77,9%) – had postnatal. Since 2011 during postnatal and prenatal echocardiography, we introduced a new protocol with necessary views for VR visualization. Thanks to the use it increased the number of operations on the VR. Surgical treatment of VR has excellent results with low surgical risk. For the successful VR surgical treatment is necessary CT to perform for required to clarify the anatomy of the VR and the trachea. Prenatal and postnatal Echo can help of VR detection in a group of asymptomatic patients.
2. Vascular Ring Diagnosis and Management: Notable Trends Over 25 Years / Evans W. N., Acherman R. J., Ciccolo M. L. et al. // World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg. – 2016 Nov. – Vol. 7 (6). – P. 717–20.
3. Imaging modalities in children with vascular ring and pulmonary artery sling / Leonardi B., Secinaro A., Cutrera R. et al. // Pediatr Pulmonol. – 2015 Aug. – Vol. 50 (8). – P. 781–8.
4. Simulation analysis of airflow alteration in the trachea following the vascular ring surgery based on CT images using the computational fluid dynamics method / Chen F. L., Horng T. L., Shih T. C. // J Xray Sci Technol. – 2014. – Vol. 22 (2). – P. 213–25.
5. Congenital vascular rings: a clinical challenge for the pediatrician / Licari A., Manca E., Rispoli G. A. et al. // Pediatr. Pulmonol. – 2015. – Vol. 50. – P. 511.
6. Prenatal Sonographic Features of a Double Aortic Arch: Literature Review and Perinatal Management / Trobo D., Bravo C., Alvarez T. et al. // J Ultrasound Med. – 2015 Nov. – Vol. 34 (11). – P. 1921–7.
7. Fetuses with right aortic arch: a multicenter cohort study and meta-analysis / D’Antonio F., Khalil A., Zidere V. et al. // Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. –2016 Apr. – Vol. 47 (4). – P. 423–32.
8. Prenatal diagnosis and outcome of right aortic arch without significant intracardiac anomaly / Razon Y., Berant M., Fogelman R., Amir G., Birk E. // J Am Soc Echocardiogr. – 2014 Dec. – Vol. 27 (12). – P. 1352–8.
9. Vplyv prenatalnoho diahnozu sudynnoho kiltsia na perynatalne vedennia ta likuvalnu taktyku / Pavlova A. O. // Visnyk Sertsevo Sudynnoi Khirurhii. – 2018. – Vol. 2 (31).– P. 77–80.