Bioethical Aspects in Modern Cardiosurgery of Coronary Artery Disease
The paper focuses on ethical issues, provides data on personality qualities and socio-ethical factors necessary for the professional activity of a cardiovascular surgeon.
The aim. To identify the most relevant bioethical aspects, personality traits necessary for a cardiovascular surgeon to carry out his/her professional activities.
Materials and methods. Analytical review of scientific publications was performed using the abstract database of scientific libraries, text database of medical and biological publications as well as analysis of observations of our own research works.
Results. The main stages of development of surgical treatment of coronary artery disease in Ukraine are highlighted. Analysis of the basic bioethical aspects which take place in a profession of cardiovascular surgeon is carried out. Important personality traits which are necessary for professional activity in cardiac surgery are established. Ethical principles and problems that take place in modern cardiovascular surgery are analyzed. Autologous transplantation which takes place during reconstructive shunt surgery is emphasized.
Conclusions. High-tech diagnostic and treatment technologies in cardiac surgery, their specificity, irreversibility of biomedical experience and certain event (intervention) to prolong life and improve health of the patient place new demands on the cardiac surgeon and require special responsibility. Today’s cardiac surgery requires not only high-tech skills in using modern methods of operations, responsibility, but also comprehensive support of aspects of biomedical ethics in the treatment of patients.
- Terenda NO. [Trends and forecast estimations general and primary morbidity ischemic heart disease Ukraine]. Visnyk sotsialnoi hihiieny ta orhanizatsii okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy. 2016;3(69):31-5. Ukrainian. https://doi.org/10.11603/1681-2786.2016.3.7007
- Ursulenko VI. Khirurgicheskoe lechenie ishemicheskoy bolezni serdtsa v NISSKh imeni N.M.Amosova: istoriya stanovleniya i razvitiya (1971-2000 gody) [Surgical treatment of coronary heart disease in National Amosov institute of cardiovascular surgery: history of formation and development (1971-2000)]. Kyiv; 2016. 53 p. Russian.
- Rudenko SA, Potashev SV, Rudenko AV, Fedkiv SV. Ischemic mitral regurgitation: problem extent in cardiovascular surgery clinic. Wiad Lek. 2020;73(1):36-40. https://doi.org/10.36740/WLek202001106
- Ivanyushkin AYa. Professionalnaya etika v meditsine [Professional ethics in medicine]. Moscow; 1990. 224 p. Russian.]. Moscow; 1990. 224 p
- Campbell A, Gillet G, Jones G. Medical ethics. 3rd ed, translated. Moscow; 2007. 400 p. Russian.
- Kovalenko NV. Intehratsiia ta yednist ekolohichnoi ta medychnoi bioetyky [Integration and unity of ecological and medical bioethics]. Proceedings of the VII National Congress of Bioethics; 2019 Sep 30 - Oct 2; Kyiv, Ukraine. Kyiv; 2019. p. 30-1. Ukrainian.
- Іvanova O. [Ethics aspects in cardiovascular surgery]. Moscow: Association of Cardiovascular Surgeons of Russia; c2015 [cited 2021 Oct 17]. Available from: https://racvs.ru/events/archive/xix_ezhegodnaya_sessiya_nauchnogo_tsentra_serdechnososudistoy_khirurgii_im_an_bakuleva_s_vserossiysk/eticheskie_aspekty_v_kardiokhirurgii/. Russian.
- Mіsergi SD. Problemy transformatsii mezh tila ta tilesnosti u konteksti biomedychnoi etyky [Problems of transformation of body and corporeality boundaries in the context of biomedical ethics]. Proceedings of the VII National Con- gress of Bioethics; 2019 Sep 30 - Oct 2; Kyiv, Ukraine. Kyiv; 2019. p. 42-3. Ukrainian.
- Fritt K. Formuvannia rozumu. Yak mozok stvoriuie nash dukhovnyi svit [Mind Formation. How the brain creates our spiritual world]. Kharkiv; 2019. 272 p. Ukrainian.
- Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences (CIOMS). International Ethical Guidelines for Health-related Research Involving Humans. 4th ed. Geneva; 2016. 122 p.