Criteria for diagnosis of the hypoplastic aortic arch in newborns and infants
To have a clear border between norm and pathology in order to determine in which cases the present hypoplasia is quite difficult. Therefore, from a practical point of view, the key issue is the selection of criteria on the basis of which one can speak of a clinical and prognostically significant hypoplasia of the aortic arch. The review is devoted to the analysis of modern methods for determining the hypoplasia of the aortic arch and the results of surgical treatment of this pathology.
2. Rosenthal E. Coarctation of the aorta from fetus to adult: curable condition or life long disease process // Heart. – 2005. – Vol. 91. – P. 1495–1502.
3. Rudolph A. M. Hemodynamic consideration in the development of narrowing of the aorta / A. M. Rudolph, M. A. Hey-mann, U. Spitznas // Am. J. Cardiol. – 1972. – Vol. 30. – P. 514–525.
4. Lacour-Gayet F. Hypoplastic transverse arch and coarctation in neonates. Surgical reconstruction of the aortic arch: a study of sixty-six patients / F. Lacour-Gayet, J. Bruniaux, A. Serraf et al. // J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. – 1990. – Vol. 100. – P. 808–816.
5. Siewers R. D. Coarctation and hypoplasia of the aortic arch:will the arch grow? / R. D. Siewers, J. Ettedgui, E. Pahl et al. // Ann. Thorac. Surg. – 1991. – Vol. 52. – P. 608–613.
6. Machii M. Hypoplastic aortic arch morphology pertinent to growth after surgical correction of aortic coarctation / M. Machii, A. E. Becker // Ann. Thorac. Surg. – 1997. – Vol. 64. – P. 516–520.
7. Moulaert A. J. Anomalies of the aortic arch and ventricular septal defects // Moulaert A. J., Bruins C. C., Oppenheimer-Dekker A. // Circulation. –1976. – Vol. 53. – P. 1011– 1015.
8. Coarctation of the aorta: Midterm outcomes of resection with extended end-to-end anastomosis / Kaushal S., Backer C. L., Patel J. N. et al. // Ann Thorac Surg. – 2009. – Vol. 88. – P. 1932–1938.
9. Quantitative morphology of the aortic arch in neonatal coarctation / Morrow W. R., Huhta J. C., Murphy D. J. et al. // Am Coll Cardiol. – 1986 Sep. – Vol. 8 (3). – P. 616– 620.
10. H. Chubb, J. M. Simpson. The use of Z-scores in paediatric cardiology / Ann. Pediatr. Cardiol. – 2012. – Vol. 5 (2). – P. 179–184.
11. Impact of cardiac growth on Doppler tissue imaging velocities: a study in healthy children / B. W. Eidem, C. J. McMahon, R. R. Cohen, et al // J Am Soc Echocardiogr. – 2004. – Vol. 17. – P. 212–221.
12. Regression equations for calculation of Z scores of cardiac structures in a large cohort of healthy infants, children, and adolescents: and echocardiographic study / Pettersen M., Du W., Skeens M. et al. // J Am Soc Echocardiogr. – 2008. – № 21. – P. 922–934.