Diagnostics algorithm of late complications after total correction of Fallot tetralogy and indications to redo surgical operations
427 patients were systematically studied in terms from 10 to 56 years after total correction of Fallot tetralogy. Residual and acquired cardiac pathology was detected in 234 (54%) out of 427 studied patients. Working classification of complications was created: incomplete correction of the lesion (46,2%); RV dysfunction, which developed as the result of pulmonary regurgitation (21,7%); heart valves lesions of iatrogenic and of infections origin (14,9%); complications caused by natural course of the disease or by earlier performed palliative or total correction operations (17,0%). Experience and analysis of 65 redo operations in 62 patients after total correction of Fallot tetralogy in the remote period of observation during the period from 1981 up to 2014 year. Hospital mortality composed 8%. Good and satisfactory remote results were detected in the majority of reoperated patients (79,18%). In all discharged patients a positive dynamics of volumetric and of functional indices of the right and of the left heart ventricles were noted.
2. Monro J. L. Reoperations and survival after primary repair of congenital heart defects in children / J. L. Monro, C. Alexiou, A. P. Salmon, B. R. Keeton // J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. – 2003. – Vol. 126 (2). – Р. 511–520.
3. Данилов Т. Ю. Повторные операции в отдаленные сроки после радикальной коррекции тетрады Фалло / Т. Ю. Данилов // Дисс… док. мед. наук. – М., 2011.
4. Подзолков В. П. Тетрада Фалло: монография / В. П. Подзолков, И. В. Кокшенев. – М., 2008.
5. Repeated procedure after radical surgery for tetralogy of Fallot / Sugita ?., Ueda Y., Matsumota M. et al. // Ann. Thorac. Surg. – 2000. – Vol. 70 (5). – P. 1507–1510.
6. How to diminish reoperation rates after initial repair of tetralogy of Fallot? / ?. Faidutti, J. T. Christenson, M. Beghetti [et al.] // Ann. Thorac. Surg. – 2002. – Vol. 73 (1). – P. 96–101.
7. Percutaneous transcatheter myectomy of subvalvar pulmonary stenosis in tetralogy of Fallot: a new palliative technique with an atherectomy catheter / Qureshi S. A., Parsons J. M., Tynan M. // Br Heart J. – 1990 Aug. – Vol. 64 (2). – P. 163–5.
8. Pulmonary valve insertion late after repair of tetralogy of Fallot / M. G. Hazekamp, M. M. Kurvers, P. H. Schoof [et al.] // Eur. J. Cardio Thorac. Surg. – 2001. – Vol. 19. – ?. 667–670.
9. Early replacement of pulmonary valve after repair of tetralogy: is it really beneficial? / Lim Cheong, Jae Young Lee, Woong-Han Kim, et al. // Eur J Cardio Thoracic Surg. – 2004. – Vol. 25. – P. 728–734.
10. Right ventricular disfunction and pulmonary valve replacement after correction of tetralogy of Fallot / F. H. Ruijter, I. Weenink, F. J. Hitchcock [et al.] // Ann. Thorac. Surg. – 2002. – Vol. 73. – P. 1794–1800.
11. Right ventricular dysfunction and the role of pulmonary valve replacement after correction of tetralogy of Fallot / Ruijter F. T., Weenink I., Hitchcock J. F., Bennink G. B, Meijboom E. J. // Neth. Heart. J. – 2001 Oct. – Vol. 9 (7): – P. 269–274.
12. Functional health status of adults with tetralogy of Fallot: matched comparison with healthy siblings / Knowles R., Veldtman G., Hickey E et al. // Ann. Thorac. Surg. – 2012. – Vol. 94. – P. 124–132.
13. Late pulmonary valve replacement after repair of tetralogy of Fallot / Discigil ?., Dearani J. A., Puga F. J., et al. // J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. – 2001. – Vol. 121. – P. 344–51.
14. Long-term outcome in patients undergoing surgical repair of tetralogy of Fallot / Murphy J. G., Gersh ?. J., Mair D.M., et al. // N. Engl. J. Med. – 1993. – Vol. 329 (9). – P. 593–599.
15. Redington A. N. Pulmonary regurgitation after repair of tetralogy of Fallot: physiological and functional significance // Annual of Cardiac Surgery. – 1992. – Vol. 129.– P. 93–96.
16. Risk factors for arrhythmia and sudden cardiac death late after repair of tetralogy of Fallot: a multicentre study / Gatzoulis M. A., Balaji S., Webber S. A., et al. // Lancet. – 2000 Sep 16. – Vol. 356 (9234).– P. 975–81.
17. De Vega tricuspid annuloplasty for tricuspid regurgitation in children / Kanter K. R., Doelling N. R., Fyfe D. A., Sharma S., Tarn VKH // Ann Thorac Surg. – 2001. – Vol. 72. – P. 1344–1348.
18. Cheul Lee. Surgical Management of Chronic Pulmonary Regurgitation After Relief of Right Ventricular Tract Obstruction / Korean Circ. J. – 2012 January. – Vol. 42 (1): P. 1–7 / Published online 2012 January 31. Doi: 10.4070/kcj.42.1.1.
19. The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Functional health status of adults with tetralogy of Fallot: matched comparison with healthy siblings / Knowles R., Veldman G., Hickey E. J. et al. // The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. – July 2012. – Vol. 94. – P. 124–132.
20. Fist implantation of the CE-marked transcatheter Sapiens pulmonic valve in Europe / Ewert P., Hortick E., Berger F. // Clin. Res. Cardiol. – 2011. – Vol. 100. – P. 85–87.