Specifics of postinfarction interventricular septum rupture
Objective. To develop the tactics and strategy of surgical treatment of PI IVSR in order to improve results, make algorithms depending on the severity, presence of heart failure and the time after the occurrence IVSR, examine the performance of intracardiac hemodynamics and state the optimum term intervention regarding the pathologies. Materials and
Methods. We analyzed 65 cases of PI IVSR which were observed in the institute.
Conclusions. PI IVSR usually occur during the first week following the myocardial infarction. Microscopic examination of the affected myocardial zone rupture of the IVS (revealed coagulation necrosis of cardiomyocytes with primary manifestation process organization. The formation of young connective tissue starting from the second week after the onset of PI IVSR. By the end of the third week, there are broad layers of connective tissue, which by the end of the first month form around gap scars that contain single lymphocyte infiltrates. There have morphological changes of the heart, including: a) different types of IVS rupture, b) myocardial injury of the IVS; c) coronary atherosclerosis varying severity; d) changing the geometry of the cavities of the heart. Surgical treatment should be applied on the basis of morphological changes of the heart. The method of surgical treatment is effective only if implementation of the correction of pathological changes in the heart, resulting PI IVSR.
2. Which patients might be suitable for a septal occluder device closure of postinfarction ventricular septal rupture rather than immediate surgery? / Attia R., Blauth C. // Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. – 2010 Nov. – Vol. 11 (5). – P. 626–9. doi: 10.1510/icvts.2010.233981. Epub 2010 Jul 9
3. Ventricular Septal Rupture After Acute Myocardial Infarction Ionut DonoIu, Dan-DomInIc Ionescu Hellenic // J Cardiol. – 2010. – Vol. 51. – P. 374–376.
4. Ventricular septal rupture complicating acute myocardial infarction: a contemporary review / Brandon M. Jones, Samir R. Kapadia, Nicholas G. Smedira, Michael Robich // European Heart Journal. – 2014. – Vol. 35. – P. 2060–2068. doi:10.1093/eurheartj/ehu248
5. Repair of an Anterior Postinfarction Ventricular Septal Rupture by the Technique of Infarct Exclusion / John Alfred Carr, MD, Jonathan David Hoffberger, DO, Edward B. Savage, MD // Tuesday, October 6, 2009 ctsnet.org
6. Post-infarction ventricular septal defect: risk factors and early outcomes Pranas Pytisneringa Karvelyte gintaras KalinausKas Hellenic // J Cardiol. – 2015. – Vol. 56. – P. 66–71.
7. Long-term results after surgical treatment of postinfarction ventricular septal rupture / Takahashi H., Arif R., Almashhoor A., Ruhparwar A., Karck M., Kallenbach K. // Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. – 2015 Apr. – Vol. 47 (4). – P. 720–4. doi: 10.1093/ejcts/ezu248. Epub 2014 Jul 3.
8. Delayed ventricular septal rupture complicating acute inferior wall myocardial infarction / Jae Hyung Cho, Srinivasan Sattiraju, Sanjay Mehta et al. // BMC Research Notes. – 2013. – Vol. 6. – P. 124.
9. Outcome and survival analysis of surgical repair of post-infarction ventricular septal rupture / Philip Y. K. Pang, Yoong Kong Sin, Chong Hee Lim // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery. – 2013. – Vol. 8. – P. 44.
10. Short-term and long-term outcomes of postinfarction ventricular septal perforation / Noguchi K., Yamaguchi A., Naito K., Yuri K., Adachi H. // Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. – 2012 May. – Vol. 60 (5). – P. 261–7. doi: 10.1007/ s11748-011-0882-1. Epub 2012 Mar 28.
11. What is the best timing of surgery in patients with post-infarct ventricular septal rupture? Niovi Papalexopoulou, Christopher P. Young and Rizwan Q. // Attia Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery. – 2013. – Vol. 16. – P. 193–197.
12. Surgical Repair of Ventricular Septal Defect after Myocardial Infarction: Outcomes from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons National Database / George J. Arnaoutakis, MD1, Yue Zhao, PhD, Timothy J. George, MD // Ann Thorac Surg. – 2012 August. – Vol. 94 (2). – P. 436–444. doi:10.1016/j.athoracsur.2012.04.020.